Risk Advisory/Internal Audit Manager
Grant Thornton Business Risk Services (BRS) team is currently seeking an ambitious professional person to join us in our Dublin office. The BRS team performs a variety of services to our clients in the areas of risk management, internal audit, compliance advisory, internal control, Sarbanes-Oxley consulting services and corporate governance.
We are looking to recruit a Risk Advisory/ Internal Audit manager to join the BRS team. The successful candidate will have experience in risk management, risk consulting, internal audit either as part of a professional service firm, or as a manager in a large company. This role offers you the opportunity to join an expanding and close knit team where you will be supported and given every opportunity to shine bright. You will have the opportunity to develop professionally and personally. This role will be attractive to individuals who can rise to a challenge, who are adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. This role provides strong candidates with the opportunity to become a key part of the management team of a rapidly growing area of the business and offers highly attractive career development and progression opportunities
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on assignments covering a broad spectrum of organisations and industries including:
- Food & Beverages;
- provide risk management, internal audit, SOX and related controls based advice and expertise to clients, in a consulting capacity or as part of an outsourced or co-sourced arrangement;
- act as the lead for fieldwork assignments involving multiple team members and client deliverables;
- work closely with client management, up to and including board-level directors;
- prepare detailed reports outlining risk advisory, internal audit findings and recommendations; and
- assist the management team in strategic business development activities, including identifying client needs, opportunities and working on proposals for new business.
- assist in the business development process including identifying client needs and opportunities and working on proposals for new business.
Skills and attributes:
- minimum 5 years’ experience in risk management, risk consulting, internal audit either within a professional services firm or as an risk/internal audit manager in a large company;
- qualification relevant to internal or external auditing such as ACA, ACCA, PIIA, MIIA or similar;
- strong client focus and an interest in providing risk advisory, internal audit and business advisory services to clients;
- good project management skills and the ability to plan and manage projects with several staff;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- if you have internal audit or operational experience in working in specialist areas such as credit risk, treasury risk, enterprise risk management, conduct or any other risk and control exposure this is a distinct advantage;
- be able to think outside the box;
- be comfortable in distilling, understanding and working with technical jargon;
- be a people person;
- take ownership for your work and
- be proactive in client relations
If you think you are this person and you want a career that works for you with a professional services organisation that is going places then apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.