Part Qualified Accountant
Our client is seeking an experienced Part Qualified Accountant role for this time of rapid growth within their business based in Abingdon.
Our client, a market leading and recognised business are currently recruiting for a Part Qualified Accountant role based from their offices in Abingdon. Due to recent investment the company is expanding rapidly and this is an exciting time to join this section of a successful global business.
The Part Qualified Accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of the monthly sales reports - regularly liaising with sales managers.
- Ensure that Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Preparation of month end journals.
- Process billing on all projects
- Ensure money is coming in on time for the projects and chase debt when necessary
- Be responsible for purchase to pay on each Project.
- Review of coding of expenses and adherence with policies.
- Understand the payroll activities and be able to perform these in the absence of other team members.
- Identify and propose improvements to the finance systems/reporting that lead to operational efficiencies
- Challenge the business decisions/requests made from a financial point of view, working with sales team to review and suggest alternative potentially more cost-effective options that might be available
- Support managers and employees to understand and work within financial systems in place
- Understand statutory requirements that impact on accounting operations.
The successful Part Qualified Accountant will be:
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA or AAT L4 with relevant accounting experience.
- Strong transactional finance experience is necessary
- The ability to liaise with and support other teams within the business regarding financial matters.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to both show and take initiative.
- Previous experience of working in a financial reporting environment.
The salary on offer is £28,000 - £35,000 plus a generous benefits package including study support.