Technical Co-ordinator, Transfer Agency (Dealing)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working as part of a dedicated Dealing Team in the Transfer Agency Department, providing high touch client service to a range of Northern Trust's Transfer Agency clients.
The department provides third party fund services to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, finance and the Investor Services Centre.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A flexible approach to work and being capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Strong PC Skills – thorough knowledge of MS Word & Excel and ability to learn systems used within the Business (Essential).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills (Essential).
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to review and resolve complex queries.
- Knowledge of Fund Administration and the regulatory environment is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of effective risk management.
- Support the Team Leader in day to day activities and deputise in their absence.
- Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness in India.
- Escalation point for unresolved issues for the India TA Dealing team and junior team members within Ireland TA Dealing.
- Day to day client reporting - Prediction reports, cash reports, register reports etc.
- Workflow queue management and analysis.
- Responsible for assigned clients, taking ownership of TA Dealing team activity for these clients.
- Ensure all deliverables are sent as per agreed timeframes.
- Maintaining up to date procedures and checklists.
- Completion of data protection checks and ensuring all external communication is issued in line with TA policy.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other TA functional areas, such as New Business, Investor Services Centre, Registration, Finance and other internal areas.
- Provide input to process changes which result in greater operational efficiency.
- Able to serve a key subject matter expert and mentor to more junior partners.
- Technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas within the business.
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects.
- Respond to client and investor queries in a timely manner.
- Comply with Regulations and internal Northern Trust policies.
- Transfer Agency experience is required.
- Financial Services experience is required.
- Previous client facing experience is favourable.
- College/ University qualification is highly desirable.
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
WORKING WITH US:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.