Associate/Senior Associate, Valuation, Modeling & Economics, TAS, Singapore
3 days left
- Full time
Join Valuation, Modeling & Economics team and you join a team of experienced professionals who bring to clients excellence in accounting, taxation and financial due diligence. You will help guide clients through the model review, model support and model-build activities necessary to make key decisions and improve strategic outcomes. With over 1,600 valuation professionals worldwide, no similarly positioned global professional organization can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We currently have career opportunity for Managers to join our Valuation, Modeling & Economics group within Transaction Advisory Services in Singapore. We work across all industries and operate in a broad range of disciplines including:
- Decision support
- Transaction evaluation
- Strategic planning and capital allocation
- Business case development
- Budgeting, forecasting and planning
- Data analytics and visualization
- Other bespoke model development
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Associate within Valuation & Business Modelling you are likely to spend your day to day working on complex financial decisions, working with management on parts of the strategic client decisions and acquisitions and regularly undertake creation of financial models using data analytics techniques for strategic priorities.
In your role you will:
- Deliver financial modelling engagements for strategic planning, capital allocation, transaction support, investment appraisal, financial planning and reporting purposes
- Provide clients with modelling solutions, data analytics and analysis to address complex business problems
- Leverage technology, analytical tools and techniques to deliver insights and enhance the value and effectiveness of services provided
- Maintain and develop positive, productive and professional relationships with internal and external clients
- Work in a highly regarded team, which values collaboration, respect and knowledge sharing
- Work in close collaboration with other Transaction Advisory teams and the wider firm
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to conduct analysis, research and reporting to interpret, validate and reconcile complex data
- Ability to learn new data analytics tools and related software, including data visualization and database skills
- Excellent business English skills - both writing and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Intellectual curiosity
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics or mathematics
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the fields of: valuation, financial modelling, FP&A
- Strong financial modelling skills (Excel) and the ability to create fit for purpose financial models (e.g., cash flow, integrated financial statement, operational and decision support models) using best practice techniques and applying sound commercial judgment
- Strong knowledge on the concepts of accounting, finance theory and analysis, risk and return, capital budgeting and financial strategies, statistics and forecasting.
- Ability to learn / demonstrated capability in using visualisation software and managing large data sets (PowerBI, Spotfire, Tableau, Alteryx)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to building internal and external networks
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment
Ideally, you also have
- CPA or CFA or CCVA (Charted Valuer and Appraiser)
- A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.