Michael Page are pleased to be partnering with a market leading FMCG business in York to appoint a Financial Controller.
Our client are a producer of specialist food items sold under a number of brands as well as own label products. They sell into the majority of the UK retail market and have in excess of 80% market share of the category.
At present the business is doing well, enjoying sustained growth and profits.
Reporting into the CFO, this role will manage a small team and have responsibility for the following;
- Ensure that transactions are an accurate representation of the revenues & costs incurred, and ensuring that reconciliations are performed in a timely manner.
- Provide variance analysis, commentary and financial reporting as needed.
- Supporting the CFO with the implementation of process and reporting improvements.
- Support and mentor the Finance Assistant.
- Assist with budget processes, liaison and provision of information.
- Assist with the audit process, including preparation of schedules, query resolution and supporting activities.
- Support preparation of tax, VAT and other external statutory reporting as required.
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly statements by collecting data; analysing and investigating variances; summarising data, information, and trends.
- Dealing with financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summariing, and interpreting data.
- To provide financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Monthly postings to management accounts, accruals, prepayments, allocations.
- Quarterly VAT returns preparation.
- Weekly cash flow reporting and forecasting.
- Liaising with external audit as part of year end and interim audits.
- Providing group reporting submissions.
- Creditor/debtor reporting.
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
The ideal candidate will have trained in Practice and have experience in manufacturing.
You must be qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA).
Competitive salary + benefits