Senior Associate - Global Employer Service - Tax
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
During your tenure as a Senior in Global Employer Services, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Applies knowledge and skills of relevant practices and processes in area of specialization to client problems
- Presents findings and recommends and implements advice independently relevant to immigration and consults others as needed
- Reviews written technical advice, reports, memoranda and/or other deliverables relevant to immigration laws and rules for adequacy of research conducted and appropriateness and accuracy of conclusions
- Proven ability to handle a high volume of cases, manage multiple clients, and handle complex, challenging cases with thoroughness and proficiency.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
- Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develops informed recommendations
- Interprets and synthesizes data, exercises professional skepticism to challenge data, and identifies meaningful insights to develop recommendations that most effectively support a client’s business objectives
- Articulates how technology enables the business and communicates this effectively to clients while ensuring appropriate technologies and methodologies are used on projects
- Applies understanding of client needs to make global mobility recommendations
- Reviews as-is controls environment and process documentation to identify control gaps and/or deficiencies
- Identifies potential changes to processes and/or controls to remediate deficiencies
- Performs analysis of compensation and benefit analysis to understand deal implications, provides recommendations based on due diligence, and performs post acquisition consulting
- Assesses current technologies and recommends future uses or integrations to address client’s needs
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- 2 – 4 years of general immigration experience, preferably with at least a year focused on the UAE. Experience with a Big 4 firm, law/immigration firm, or mobility department of a multinational company is required.
- Consulting and compliance experience is needed.
- Experience with inbound and outbound immigration is preferred.
- Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Good knowledge of UAE and/or other MENA jurisdiction laws and regulations
- Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.