Assistant Manager - Finance - Tax
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You will understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years, which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In addition to our opportunities in audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax. We offer a variety of careers in Internal Client Services (ICS) considered essential to the growth of the Firm. Whether in human Resources, finance, PR or legal a career in ICS with Deloitte & Touche ME will give you the opportunity to join a firm undergoing rapid expansion in a region of fast-paced growth. Your role will not just put your passion for creative solutions to the test, it will provide you with an environment to grow and build a career based on excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
As a Finance Assistant Manager, you will:
- Consolidates, analyzes and reports to Financial Controller the monthly WIP & AR reports
- Completes the monthly management report and discuss with the Financial Controller
- Reviews the monthly P&L of all offices
- Works with Financial Controller to enhance and develop monthly management reporting pack
- Works with Financial Controller to enhance and develop annual budget
- Consolidates monthly revised forecasts
- Reviews and consolidates annual budgets with Financial Controller
- Assists Financial Controller with daily ad-hoc requests
- Conducts routine audits of Coretime data to test compliance with local and DTTL standards
- Assists with implementation of global and regional initiatives like the Global Storefront, new time and expense platform, SAP
- Supports Financial Controller in developing standardized forms and processes for all tax offices
- Assists where needed with the GCC VAT implementation
- Assists in annual Risk Review
- Collects data for annual PDP review
- Assists Financial Controller with maintaining regional cash forecast
- Supports Financial Controller with developing KPIs for regional staff
- Tracks KPIs of regional finance staff and service deliverables of Financial Controller
- Reviews the monthly global reports
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Accounting degree or equivalent
- 6-8 years of experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge of economic principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications
- CPA is a plus.
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.