Real Estate Fund Accountant
Real Estate Fund Accountant
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
Citco Real Estate Fund Services is a business line within Citco Fund Services which provides quality corporate and administration services to many of the world's largest real estate funds and investors. Our dedicated real estate team has developed a unique vertical and horizontal "360˚" administration services approach, covering the administration of the fund itself but also the administration of intermediary holding companies and property owning companies, across all regions, resulting in a seamless administration of all levels of the fund.
The Fund Accountant is responsible for providing clients with accurate and timely accounting services in line with clients' business needs, Citco procedures, applicable accounting standards and compliance with relevant regulatory authorities, to meet the client service agreements.
You will operate in a professional and pressurized environment to meet the demands of our clients. The successful candidate will have the motivation and ability to thrive in a challenging and constantly evolving industry
Job Duties in Brief:
- Day to day fund accounting & analysis
- Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Prepare financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements
- Prepare limited partner and general partner allocations
- Prepare trial balances and work paper product
- Process standard and complex bookkeeping entries
- Prepare financial data analysis
- Monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Interact with Management and Clients
- Review Real Estate fund client's partnership agreements, PPM's and other materials
- Participate in the implementation of fund structures onto the accounting system
- University degree in accounting, finance, economics or professional accounting designation (CFA, CPA)
- Experience working in the financial industry or public accounting is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
- Motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines
- A team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities
- Sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills
- Individual Contributor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Outlook
- Proven ability to work in a challenging, professional, and fast-paced work environment.
What We Offer:
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.