Director - Compliance, Policy
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Awareness of the vision and mission statement of the Compliance function, as well as the annual Compliance Action Plan, as it relates to the role.
- Support Global Head, Compliance Policy to establish a robust and holistic policy governance framework which covers compliance and conduct risk sub-types owned by the compliance function aligned to the Compliance Risk Framework and the Conduct Risk Framework.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic, and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Support Global Head, Compliance Policy to establish, implement, and maintain a clear and robust process for the issuance, review and approval of compliance policies and other supporting documents.
- Responsible to ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice, and dissemination of evolving regulatory changes / practices and associated risks, and proactive engagement in regulatory reform in areas assigned to the role.
- Support Global Head, Compliance Policy to ensure all policies and other supporting documents have clear plans for engagement, implementation, training, communications and assurance/monitoring prior to issuance.
- Formulate approach to obtain appropriate management information to assure effective controls and standards in compliance policies and other supporting documents.
- Support the Businesses and Functions in understanding their needs, and crafting effective policies for compliance risk management.
- Be an effective second line of defence in day-to-day responsibilities, including advice on interpretation and applicability of policies and other supporting documents.
- Support Global Head, Compliance Policy to ensure all compliance policies and other supporting documents are aligned to the Group's Enterprise Risk Management Framework standards.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the team and the CFCC function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Risk Principles - Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group CFCC teams (Core CFCC, Business and Functions CFCC)
- Country CFCC teams
- Enterprise Risk Management team
- Group Operational Risk
- Work with Global Head, Compliance Policy and the Compliance Policy team on a project to drive developments and implementation of a coherent compliance policy framework.
- Support the Global Head, Compliance Policy to work with Compliance and business stakeholders to ensure a holistic policy framework, in particular:
- Develop an understanding of relevant policy requirements and work with stakeholders to confirm how these requirements will be met, including the risk control framework, in the relevant function and/or business.
- Draft new or amended policies and other supporting documents to capture the agreed compliance approach.
- Work with policy owners to have all changes approved, including the drafting of papers for approving committees if required.
- Ensure all documents are published in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other responsibilities as required from time to time.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.