SG Securities - Regulatory Reporting, Manager - DFIN - Shanghai - 20190104002 - Corporate Finance /
- Design the reporting logic from accounting system to meet regulatory accounting & reporting requirements.
- Communicate with IT on the user requirement.
- Performing UAT testing and gap analysis.
- Ensure quality and integrity of financial and accounting data for regulatory reporting.
- Preparation and supervision of regulatory reporting for SJV.
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Assist in liaising with regulators in China.
- Manage and coach the regulatory reporting team.
- Other tasks allocated by management.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor degree or above.
- Preferably major in Accounting and Finance.
- At least more than 5 years of experience in securities or major CPA firms focus securities industry with solid experience is considered.
- Accounting qualification & certificates such as CPA or ACCA, CGA, etc is preferred.
- Mandarin speaker & Good command in both speaking and written English
- Proven and solid knowledge & experience of China accounting standards and securities regulatory requirements.
- Good working knowledge of A-IFRS, in particular IFRS 9, would be preferable
- Ability to recognize areas for enhancement within existing processes, while considering interdependencies, and propose solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Other Behavioral Skills
- Details oriented and strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and of high integrity
- Strong interpersonal, coordination and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Meticulous with a strong attention to detail
- Proven ability collaborating in a team environment, collective mindset
- Adaptable with an ability to work efficiently in a dynamic environment with input to and from multiple stakeholders
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy. The Group is built on three complementary core businesses:
- French Retail Banking, which encompasses the Societe Generale, Crédit du Nord and Boursorama brands. Each offers a full range of financial services with omnichannel products at the cutting edge of digital innovation;
- International Retail Banking, Insurance and Financial Services to Corporates, with networks in Africa, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe and specialised businesses that are leaders in their markets;
- Global Banking and Investor Solutions, which offers recognised expertise, key international locations and integrated solutions.
In 1981, Societe Generale became one of the first international banks to open a representative office in Beijing. In 2008, Societe Generale (China) Limited received final approval to be a wholly foreign owned bank in China. Since then, Societe Generale (China) Limited has been committed and dedicated to provide one-stop financial solutions to clients.
It has one of the broadest networks among international banks in China and is present in the country's principal commercial centers: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Hangzhou and Harbin.
Societe Generale in China is committed to contribute to the development of the Chinese financial sector, by bringing its global expertise and its global network, in particular in relation to the OBOR (one belt one road) initiatives. Following the decision from the Chinese regulators to allow foreign banks to hold up to 51% of a domestic securities company, Societe Generale has decided to establish a securities joint venture with Chinese partners. Subject to all relevant regulatory approvals*, this company will aim at bringing onshore Societe Generale worldwide recognized expertise in the cash and derivatives equities markets, thus contributing to the further development of financial products risk management in China.
Setting up and establishing a securities joint venture in China requires different stages of regulatory approvals, while it is our wholehearted intention and plan to get through to the final approval, there is no guarantee that such regulatory approval can be obtained. Should we encounter any delay or unforeseen circumstances outside the control of Societe Generale in the application process, we may need to postpone our hiring or make alternative arrangement with our hired personnel. In terms of the capacity of the hired personnel, they will not be considered as staff of the securities joint venture until the setup and establishment of such is completed and hence their employment may be associated with other entities for the time being.
Job code: 190000BJ
Business unit: Societe Generale China Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019