Product Owner, Cash Squad
- Possess a breadth of knowledge in many fields, but also have depth in at least one area of expertise
- Enable collaboration and empower the Squad by finding the right people for them to talk to
- Go beyond the mechanics of chopping up a user story into the product backlog and tells the story that nicely ties together the why, the customer need and the vision
First, a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ NWOW Video
The purpose of the Customer Self Service Tribe is to create great experiences that make it easy for our customers and bankers to DIY. We are accountable for delivering self-service customer experiences across Digital, Cash Devices and cash operations.
As a Product Owner, your purpose is to enable and inspire a multi-disciplinary team ('Squad') to pursue its mission, by guiding them on 'what' work should be completed by the squad. The Product Owner constantly prioritises tasks and the squad’s backlog with the customer at the heart of their decision making. The Product Owner also ensures that the work is strategically aligned to the tribe mission and engages with other Product Owners to align and manage interdependencies. Whilst this role is not a people manager, it is a key leadership role, galvanising the squad around a vision and supporting them to successfully deliver customer value at pace.
You can also check out our Product Owner persona or watch this animation to get an insight in to what a day in their life might look like.
Who are you?
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What skills will you bring or develop:
- Ability to galvanise a diverse group of people around a common mission
- Ability to adapt and grasp new skills and content
- Ability to coach and mentor team members
- Proven analytical skills and evidence based decision making
- Ability to ask for and give feedback
- Experience in vendor/contract management
- Proven ability to innovate and adapt to latest development in area of expertise
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
This opportunity is located at 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC and available at a Group 4.1 level
Further general information on our NWOW opportunities and selection approach is available in www.anz.com/careers.