Product Owner – Chapter Lead, Customer Self Service Tribe
- Own the standards within area of expertise and ensure alignment with other Chapter Leads across Tribes
- Deep expertise in your Chapter area combined with broad capability and a proven ability to innovate and adapt to the latest developments
- Coaching and development planning on topic expertise and personal development by promoting a continuous development culture
First, a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ NWOW Video
The purpose of the Customer Self Service Tribe is to create great experiences that make it easy for our customers and bankers to DIY. We are accountable for delivering self-service customer experiences across Digital, Cash Devices and cash operations.
As a Product Owner, your purpose is to enable and inspire a multi-disciplinary team ('Squad') to pursue its mission, by guiding them on 'what' work should be completed by the squad. The Product Owner constantly prioritises tasks and the squad’s backlog with the customer at the heart of their decision making.
The Product Owner also ensures that the work is strategically aligned to the tribe mission and engages with other Product Owners to align and manage interdependencies.
You will also hold additional responsibilities as a Chapter Lead, responsible for building world class capability in your chapter members. As a role model for our ways of working, you will be passionate about coaching, mentoring and developing others to be the best versions of themselves.
You can also check out our Chapter Lead persona or watch this animation to get an insight in to what a day in their life might look like.
Who are you?
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Committed to your own and others’ growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What skills will you bring or develop:
- Experience in developing and driving more complex, strategic, broader missions
- Be a change enabler – passionate ambassador for our new ways of working and culture
- A passion for developing people and deepening chapter capabilities and skills
- Ability to develop and sustain lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong collaborator with the ability to create shared clarity across the squads and tribe
- Extensive problem solving skills with the ability to think on your feet
- Experience in leading a cross functional squad, applying agile techniques and disciplines
- Proven ability to innovate and adapt to latest development in area of expertise
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
This opportunity is located at 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC and available at a Group 4.1 level
Further general information on our NWOW opportunities and selection approach is available in www.anz.com/careers.