Objective of the Finance Manager role is to maximise the value through the delivery of accurate information to support the management team in commercial decision making and ensuring a robust control environment to guarantee the accuracy of the P&L and Balance Sheet
A growing hospitality business with a collection of prestigious and unique locations in the south spanning coastal, country and city sites.
- Monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheets, ensuring reconciliations are performed on all Balance Sheet accounts for monthly review by the Regional FC.
- Drive accountability for controls into the relevant departments to enable Finance to act as reviewer and advisor of best practice.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return ensuring that information submitted to HMRC is correct first time.
- Submitting payroll files to the company payroll provide ensuring that the information is accurate with all starters, leavers and hours worked recorded correctly.
- Monthly management account preparation for review with General Manager to then be submitted to Head Office for review.
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and consistent with the financial accounts and that P&L/Balance sheets reconcile to the Trial Balance.
- Management of the Leisure Clubs monthly collection of membership revenue and ensure completeness.
- Ensure production of weekly financial reporting pack.
- Deliver high quality management information and performance measurement that is accurate and relevant to allow General Manager to drive profitability
- Present reporting appropriate to audience to achieve optimal understanding and impact - to include Heads of Department, General Manager and Regional Financial Controller
- Present and communicate Financial Results to Head Office.
- Fully understand the numbers and the business to enable questions to be answered.
- Management of a finance assistant ensuring that they are completing tasks per their job role.
- Development of the finance assistant to grow in role and take on further responsibilities.
- Appraisal of finance assistant at 6 monthly intervals.
- Full Qualification - ACA / CIMA / ACCA
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthused and motivated by challenging environment and organic / non-organic growth
- Knowledge of the industry desirable
£40,000 - £48,000 + 20% Bonus
*This role is for qualified candidates only. Ideally newly qualified*