Indirect Tax Analyst (Korean)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Global Accounting Centre of Baker Hughes a GE company (BHGE) is based our Kuala Lumpur office. The Indirect Tax Analyst role will be working closely with a group of professional supporting the Indirect tax function (Withholding Tax (WHT), Value Added Tax (VAT) & Good Sales Tax (GST) within global financial organisation.
- Prepare tax filings for various taxes and monthly deductions for multiple international locations in Eastern Hemisphere (Europe, Africa, Russian Caspian, Middle East & Asia Pacific).
- Calculate various taxes for countries within MEAP & EARC region
- Prepare and file all annual tax filings as required
- Liaise with external advisor to ensure all tax rate changes are implemented
- Document and communicate tax expenses to the business
- Reconcile all tax accounts monthly
- Resolves or escalate any queries or issues received.
- Any other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years of working experience in the general/ financial accounting with minimum understanding of indirect tax is required for this position.
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent spoken and written both Korean and English that enable effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION / REQUIREMENT
- A proven ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and to build and maintain network within and outside Indirect Tax.
- Possess positive thinking and attitude, professionalism, takes ownership of and accountability of the work product.
- WHT / VAT / GST experience would be added advantage
- Possess shared service experience would be added advantage
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Some experience in technology enabled business transformation projects is required.
- Ability to champion and implement process improvements.
- Team-player and customer-centric attitude.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software, knowledge in SAP will be added advantage.
Locations: Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.