Senior Associate - Operational Transaction Services (Financial Services)
Senior Associate - Operational Transaction Services (Financial Services), Transaction Advisory Services
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Our Financial Services - Transaction Advisory Services group is seeking to recruit experienced professionals into our Operational Transaction Services practice. Joining us will provide individuals with fantastic opportunities to build on their current transaction and commercial experience, and work on a number of diverse and demanding projects as part of a growing practice area. We continue to invest heavily in growing our geographical footprint as well as our account coverage and execution capability, as well as developing new areas of capability.
Our clients include leading companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth/Asset Management and FinTech industries as well as global and boutique private equity firms. Assignments are typically complex, integrated projects that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers.
Typical engagement involve:
- Assessing market landscapes and developing operational strategies and target operating models to support delivery of strategic business objectives
- Conducting Operational, IT and HR due diligence to support vendors maximize value from divestments and buyers identify risks pre-acquisition
- Helping clients with managing complex integrations and enabling achievement of a stable state business/ operational model post-integration
- Helping clients successfully sell and separate business units whilst retaining transaction value and mitigating the impact on the retained business
- Helping clients with the planning, formation, operation, and dissolution of partnerships and joint ventures
- Initiatives that entail a significant restructuring of a company’s operations to drive improved business performance
Your key responsibilities
- Perform client and industry research and prepare materials to support client pitches and proposals.
- Performing operational and financial analysis on the Target business. Lead on drafting sections of client reports and deliverables, providing insight on operational and IT issues and their impact on potential capital events (e.g. transactions).
- On integration / separation / JV / restructuring projects, either lead small projects or be responsible for significant workstreams on larger projects. Work collaboratively alongside clients to drive detailed project planning and execution, including application of best in class project management methodologies.
- Support the internal project management through the engagement lifecycle including scoping, budgeting and risk management processes.
Qualifications/skills you’ll need as an Operational Transaction Services practitioner:
- Financial Services / FinTech expertise: with a focus on operations, technology, strategy and change.
- Consulting skills: can demonstrate the skills and experience required to operate in a client-facing role and lead projects within a professional services firm.
- Change management: understands key principles of project and programme management and has prior experience in managing change initiatives.
- Market insight: aware of trends in Financial Services and able to apply this knowledge to shape the approach for individual assignments.
- Financial analysis: able to apply sound financial analysis and a rigorous approach to quantify the impact of operational issues.
- Commercial acumen: able to quickly understand the key value drivers in a business and how these impact the scope and approach of an assignment.
- Relationship management: can establish credibility and presence with senior executives and able to provide sound advice and challenge on operational and strategic issues. Develops long-term relationships beyond the scope of individual assignments.
- Communication skills: has excellent verbal communication skills and is a good listener. Has excellent writing skills and able to produce high quality reports.
- Team leadership: be able to successfully lead teams and coach more junior members of the team on engagements.
- Cultural awareness: has awareness of different operating styles and cultures and reflects these in the approach to each assignment.
- Applicants would also benefit from international experience, transaction experience and foreign language skills.
What are the benefits of the role?
- High profile: you will have the opportunity to work on some of the region’s largest transactions in a market leading team.
- Growth: the OTS team has significant growth objectives, creating exciting development opportunities for all team members.
- Team environment: as a new team in a growth area, we have a great sense of energy and enthusiasm with an opportunity to be entrepreneurial and identify new opportunities to support revenue growth.
- Variety: each assignment will be different, offering you the chance to work across a wide range of Financial Services sub-sectors.
- Mobility: our work often involves travel and opportunities for international career development.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.