Tax Manager / Senior Manager, Accounting Compliance and Reporting Technology Portfolio Owner
Tax Manager / Senior Manager, Accounting Compliance and Reporting Technology Portfolio Owner, Global Compliance and Reporting, APTC, Singapore
Our Asia Pacific Tax Center (“APTC”) operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region. The APTC forms part of the Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) which is tasked with the sales, implementation, governance and delivery of multi-country compliance service. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals, in more than 140 countries. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting.
As part of our regional Accounting Compliance and Reporting (ACR) team across Asia Pacific you will be working with colleagues in Asia Pacific countries, APTC and our Global Talent Hub (GTH) in Manila to drive forward the technology portfolio, related to the delivery of accounting, finance and statutory reporting services. You will have the support from specialized teams (MSNav, Statutory reporting, etc.) to deliver the specific implementations and maintenance of ACR tools.
Your key responsibilities
1. Client facing responsibilities:
- EY accounting technology demo to the multicountry clients during the proposal presentations
- Discussions with the multicountry clients about the Client systems and EY systems interfaces, technological data collection requirements, data security matters, etc.
- Supervision and guidance for: implementation and maintenance of the Client and EY systems during the engagement transition phase; parametrisation of EY systems for the client specific multicountry projects (to be performed by GDS dedicated technology teams)
2.Support and define the APAC ACR Technology roadmap & Investment Plans, including recommendations on buy/ build strategy for each key technology toolset requirement – in alignment with the Global ACR technology roadmaps
3.Facilitate required TTOC due diligence for Tax Quality, Independence, Legal, Security and Vendor Assurance requirements, as required
4. ACR services delivery technology ecosystem maintenance:
- Alignment with the global ACR and Finance Managed Services strategy, roll out of the global tools to APAC countries: TR One source (or alternative) for statutory reporting, MSNav for bookkeeping, Power BI for data analytics and reporting, Document workflow, OCR, etc.
- Coordinate global tools localisation with the local country teams and requirements (language requirements, tool country certification, etc.)
- Coordinate with Area stakeholders and Global IT the procurement of the new multicountry tools/upgrade existing tools
- Initiate and manage inhouse multicountry ACR technology build out projects
- Vendor management including negotiations and supervision with external ACR software providers
- Advise to country practices with regards to country specific tools deployment. Alignment of the country specific tools with the overall ACR technology strategy
Skills, experience and attributes for success
- Excellent analytical and management skills
- Overall knowledge of finance, accounting and tax processes and technology
- Good knowledge of the landscape of finance and accounting related tools (SAP, Oracle, MSNav, Thomson Reuters, Power BI, Tableau, OCR, Workflow, etc.)
- Excellent IT implementation project management skills
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities, budgets and stakeholders in multiple IT related projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - comfortable to work across borders with a wide network of people
- Coordination and prioritization, resourceful and analytical, independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience and knowledge of IT project management, accounting and reporting processes; statutory compliance, financial reporting and ERP systems
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.