Finance Manager (Interim)
6 days left
- Full time
Job Title: Finance Manager (Interim)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose: Caranua is currently winding down operations and this role will play a major role in the wind-down. The role supports all aspects of the Agency’s business, and is essential to the operation and management of the overall finance function, with key focus on the following: Finance Management, Corporate Governance, Procurement, Internal Audit and Risk Management.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure finances are managed according to legislation, policies, procedures, and accounting principles
- Manage the accounting and financial systems and maintain full and accurate accounting records
- Ensuring integrity of information in accounts, budgets, estimates and reports including reviewing and refining accounting policies and procedures
- Management of projects and initiatives to improve the day to day administration of the finance function
- Comprehensive review of processes, practices and procedures within the finance function, with a view to recommending more efficient ways of completing essential tasks.
- Research, prepare and submit annual and other budgets and prepare reports on budget and expenditure as required
- Conduct financial and risk analysis and prepare detailed reports and statements for the CEO, audit committee, Board, Department of Education and Skills, accountants and internal and external auditors. Attend meetings with these and other bodies as required
- Oversee and maintain all policies, procedures and statements related to financial management, risk management, compliance and governance.
Oversee, manage and monitor payments to applicants
- Maintain systems for the management, monitoring and reporting of expenditure on payments to applicants
- Analyse payment information and prepare regular and ad hoc reports for the CEO, audit committee, Board, Department of Education and Skills, accountants and internal and external auditors, and attend meetings with these and other bodies as required
- Ensure that relevant policies and procedures are prepared, implemented and reviewed according to organisation standards.
Develop and manage a corporate governance and risk management strategy
- Act as secretary to the Board, the Audit & Risk Committee and ensure compliance with the Code of Practice for Governance of State Bodies and other relevant policies and regulations
- Maintain an overarching corporate governance and risk management strategy for the organisation to ensure the highest level of accountability in decision making and other processes
- Work with the providers of the organisations professional services (e.g. legal, accountancy, audit).
Ensure excellence and compliance in all governance and corporate governance functions
- Co-ordinate all aspects of corporate governance, including risk management, liaison with government departments, and monitoring of compliance with the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies.
- Review and monitor compliance with all health and safety, procurement, freedom of information, data protection and other relevant legislation and regulations
- Manage, maintain and improve all financial, data processing and other information systems
- Ensure that staff are aware of all relevant policies and procedures and are supported to implement them effectively in their daily tasks by preparing and keeping up to date standard practice policies and procedures
- Prepare all statutory reports and returns in liaison with professional advisors as appropriate.
Support and manage the performance of direct reports
- Management of the Finance and Quality, Compliance & Information teams;
- Provide support and direction to staff to enable them to perform their duties optimally and develop their skills
- Ensure staff adhere to all policies and procedures and put into practice Caranua values
- Conduct supervision and team management meetings with staff, in line with Caranua policy
Contribute to the effectiveness of the organisation
- Support the Chief Executive Officer with the wind-down of the operations of Caranua.
- Play an active role as part of the senior management team and participate in all strategic, financial and human resource planning and reviews
- Review the administrative support needs of the organisation, make recommendations to address gaps or make improvements and be involved in recruitment as necessary
- Work collaboratively with other team members and assist them as necessary
- Undertake any other duties, in keeping with this role, that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer.
Applicants must possess or be actively pursuing a professional accountancy qualification and be a qualified or partially qualified accountant. They must also have satisfactory experience of accountancy work, including management accounting and financial accounting and have at least two years’ satisfactory and relevant experience in a managerial capacity. They must possess, and be capable of demonstrating, a good understanding and knowledge of public sector finance.
Required Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidates for this position should have:
- Experience in leading, developing and implementing financial and resource allocation strategies that support organisational planning objectives
- A high degree of analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills in finance and business management
- Knowledge of accounting, methods, procedures, processes and contemporary management accounting techniques and principles.
- The necessary level of management skills to manage, develop and motivate a professional finance & QCI function
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills with the capacity to work in close consultation with the Caranua management team
- An ability to work effectively under pressure, manage a number of projects at any one time • An understanding of procurement, information technology, financial management and governance and accountability.
- Experience dealing with public service external auditors
- Leadership and strategic direction
- Analysis and decision making
- Management and delivery of results
- Building relationships and communication
- Specialist knowledge, expertise and self-development
- Drive and commitment to Public Service values
Applications with cover letter (maximum of one page) and CV should be sent via the form below.
Apply for Finance Manager (Interim)
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly