Corporate Actions Team Leader
Corporate Actions Team Leader
Why choose a career in Fund Accounting with Northern?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Fund Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 250 partners in our Limerick and Dublin office
- Our Fund Accounting team provides an end to end Fund Accounting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Fund Accounting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Accounting and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
Supervisory role in the performance of capital and income event related activities supporting EMEA Fund Accounting.
Evaluates and reconciles complex events including mutual, commingled, and collective for production of daily valuations.
Organise workload and Team members in an efficient and effective manner as well as works closely with reporting Manager on various processes / projects.
The role will be based in Limerick.
- Ensure preparation, process and execution of all corporate action events are completed accurately within designated deadlines.
- Ensure all relevant dividend entitlements are reflected accurately and on time across the fund Accounting clients
- Regular review and oversight of outsourced events and activities to ensure control environment and consistency between locations
- Manage task allocation within the team and ensure equitable distribution of workload.
- Manage any potentially difficult situations which may impact the service delivered by the team through developing a close working relationship across EMEA Fund Accounting.
- To proactively and effectively establish a level of corporate action knowledge ensuring all processing and reporting requirements are met.
- Proactively seek to identify and improve current core procedures to support our growing and evolving product line.
- Seek to learn quickly and strive to continually improve service offered.
- Encourage others to come forward with ideas.
- Assist other colleagues.
- Act as effective team leader within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
- Deliver training /coaching effectively.
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff.
- Liaise with other units – Pricing, Asset Set-Up, Custody etc.
- Consistently prioritize team goals above individual goals.
- Manage the team in order that all deadlines are met in an efficient manner.
- Support the implementation of business plans.
- Become involved in small to medium size projects
- Previous experience in relevant field
- Procedural knowledge
- Customer Service Orientation
- Concern for Quality
- Organisation and planning
- Resilience and Self Control
- Problem solving
- Computer Skills - Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel, Word etc. Working knowledge of SunGard’s Invest One Enterprise Fund Accounting system would be beneficial
- Good working knowledge of Bloomberg and IDC online system (essential).
- Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of financial instruments, Valuations business & Central Bank regulations a must.
- Strong experience as a Fund Administrator /Accountant with evidence of involvement at a supervisory level through running and coordinating projects, training staff or quality checking team’s work
- Effective in the use of a variety of communication methods.
- Identify and ‘own’ problems, correct them as far as is possible and refer as/if appropriate.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.