Consultant x 3, Fund Accounting (Limerick)
Why choose a career in Fund Accounting with Northern?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Fund Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 250 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
- Our Fund Accounting team provides an end to end Fund Accounting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Fund Accounting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Accounting and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
We are currently recruiting for a consultant within our growing Fund Accounting department. The consultant has responsibility for accurately reviewing and sign off on NAV calculations.
They are the subject matter expert on the team for all fund specific requirements.
The consultant also leads the team in rolling out new system enhancements and procedures and collates and provides feedback from the fund accounting department to the relevant stakeholders. They may be an individual contributor or have one or two direct reports. This role will be attractive to candidates with prior fund accounting experience or relevant operational /accounting experience who want to progress their career in a ‘best in class’ environment.
- Responsible for co-coordinating systems testing in the team.
- Mentors individuals and peers during projects and assignments.
- Analytically and procedurally competent to represent the team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- Responsible for the rollout of new procedures within the team in consultation with BPA/Team leaders/NAV Managers.
- Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instils a client service culture among staff and ensures that all clients receive a quality service.
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Identify tasks to be completed by the project team and ensure that they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify and delegate projects/assignments and tasks to individuals and peers. Maintain accountability for the projects/assignments. Provide progression feedback and recognition to the individuals and the project team.
- Previous fund accounting experience or relevant operational/accounting experience preferred
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting applications preferred
- Maintain an understanding of the industry and NT, in particular NT’s systems, infrastructure and process/data flows.
- Experience with vendors an advantage (Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface with other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces.
- Client service orientation
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
- Third level qualification or pursuing a professional accounting qualification an advantage but not required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.