We are looking for someone to come in and ensure that the financial processes, controls, and reporting to our shareholder and external stakeholders is top notch. Working closely with the Head of Finance and the other members of the finance team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the finances of the business are accurate, timely, and done in a way that would make us proud.
My client operates in the manufacturing, Ecommerce & retail world. They're a well known, British organisation who continue to grow & innovate. They're a genuinely very exciting company with ambitious & realistic plans. They're the market leader in their industry & have a brilliant reputation.
Ensuring high quality financial processes and reporting - you will need to ensure that the processes in place across the business are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the auditors and comply with standard operating procedures. As the various parts of the business are in different states of maturity, these will necessarily look different and will need to adapt and evolve as those business units develop.
* Internal monthly reporting of the consolidated management accounts - you will need to ensure that the group & business unit reporting is reliable and accurate and have a good understanding of the balances in the balance sheet and the risks / opportunities that exist.
* External reporting - you will responsible for preparing the Statutory Financial Statements under FRS 102 and drive the external audit for the Group and ensure that local audits are being performed well.
* Financial Transformation - you will assist with the transition to a new ERP system.
* Planning - you'll assist with the preparation of the detailed consolidated 5 year business plan including budget.
* Direct tax - in conjunction with the tax advisors you will need to implement all necessary processes to meet our tax obligations across the group.
* Indirect tax - working with each local financial advisors, you will need to ensure that we are meeting all our VAT/GST obligations in a timely and accurate manner. Including distance selling arrangements for the Ecommerce business unit, and local filings for subsidiaries.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
* Strong experience of preparing consolidated financial statements.
* SQL and advance excel skills.
* Leadership skills to motivate others to complete a series of tasks, often according to a schedule.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Background in multi-currency environment.
* Experience of managing stock and all forms of stock accounting.
* 1-3 years in a similar role or from practice.
* An advocate of quality, continual improvement and automation.
* Organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage their own projects and allocate their time according to business objectives.
* Proactive and flexible approach; willing to contribute to the ongoing development of the business.
I have a competitive package on offer, alongside a truly incredible working environment in a company that continues to grow and innovate.