Financial Analyst – Reporting and Analysis
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Reporting and Analysis team forms part of the Internal Reporting unit within Group Performance Reporting. The Reporting and Analysis team are responsible for the monthly reporting of the Group's income, costs and key balance sheet metrics. In addition, the team are also responsible for quarterly regulatory returns relating to asset encumbrance.
Purpose of the Role
The role holder will play an integral role within the Reporting and Analysis team and be responsible for the consolidation and production of financial MI and regulatory returns across Bank of Ireland Group and its subsidiaries.
- Encumbrance Reporting - Monthly balance sheet encumbrance reporting providing detailed analysis of encumbered assets and associated Funding to meet regulatory reporting requirements including- maintaining data sourcing processes, producing EBA report templates and managing internal communications.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of technical requirements as issued by the EBA, developments in statutory reporting regarding encumbrance and any new initiatives in collateral management that are relevant to encumbrance reporting
- HR Reporting - Monthly reporting, at both business unit and divisional level on various areas of HR.
- Operational reporting - Monthly reporting to support the business in its decision making.
- Controls - Ensure compliance with all internal controls and governance framework.
- Development- Assist with the on-going development and improvement of reporting, systems, processes and procedures to ensure Operational Reporting deliver a service to their stakeholders with maximum efficiency and data integrity.
- Ad-hoc - business and operational reporting including delivery and communication of same at management and executive level.
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity within the Reporting and Analysis team for an individual to gain experience of Bank of Ireland Group reporting and liaising with multiple stakeholders throughout the Group.
- To perform this role an individual must have a relevant third-level qualification.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets.
- Ability to liaise with and manage the requirements of multiple stakeholders
- Enthusiastic committed self-starter with a proactive, flexible approach to problem solving
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge of accounting and banking sector
- Knowledge of BCS, BEX and SAP R/3
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Agile - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Aug 26, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.