Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger
Do you have at least 12 months experience working within an Accounts Payable position? Are you looking for a role where you can broaden, build upon and challenge your skill set? My client is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable candidate to join their South West London based head offices.
With a focus on five key areas; their customers, homes, places, operations and people my client has built a respectable and recognised property group across the UK. Most recently recognised for becoming the first carbon positive UK homebuilder and winning the Queen's Award for Sustainable Development on multiple occasions my client is recruiting due to the continuous growth.
Working out of modern, sleek offices spaces on the river, this role would require you to;
- Ensure the workflow of all documentation through the purchase ledger process is carried out in line with company procedures
- To provide a point of contact with creditors who may have queries regarding outstanding invoices, or staff/ non staff expenses
- Ensure correct coding of invoices
- Liaising with suppliers and staff
- Ensure correct treatment of Vat / CIS tax
- Carry out supplier statement reconciliations
- Create Aged Creditor Report on a monthly basis to review older balances/update queries
- Weekly outstanding invoice report creation and distribution to the company
- Receive, input and distribute invoices for goods and services
- Verify bone fide transactions have been appropriately authorised
- Posting batches of invoices for data entry
- Carry out cheque & BACS payment runs
- Process subcontractor payment runs
- Involvement in statutory reporting obligations (CIS & VAT) and administration surrounding subcontractor payments
- Investigate variances and anomalies identified through the payment process
- Ensure a high quality of control and filing for all financial documents
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files
- Support Accounts Payable Manager, Financial Controller and Head of Finance as required.
The successful candidate will be from the property industry working within an Accounts Payable position, have experience working with CIS and VAT. You will have a positive 'can do' attitude, be a confident communicator and be able to demonstrate strong time-management/planning skills.
Location - Battersea / Clapham
Salary - £25,000 - £30,000 + study package
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.