Senior Risk Analyst
Description of business unit
Risk Strategy is part of Group Risk and is responsible for developing and maintaining the Group risk measurement techniques and standards to support key decision making processes including formulating the Group Risk Appetite, conducting Stress Testing, determining internal capital adequacy requirements (ICAAP) and producing Portfolio Risk Analytics and Insights to key stakeholders. Externally, Risk Strategy interacts with Regulators, industry bodies, banks and consulting firms to ensure both adherence to the European regulatory requirements, and to remain at the forefront of industry best-practice in risk measurement techniques. A role in Risk Strategy is a key stepping stone for a career as a Risk Analytics professional.
Purpose of the Role
You will have a supporting role in a high profile team where you will assist in the developing and implementation of analytical models, production, analysis and reporting of loan loss forecasts, as well as capital allocation and performance tracking while engaging with senior management on a regular basis. The role offers development and progression opportunities and will afford a high level of exposure to key internal and external parties.
- Enhancement, maintenance and review of Loan Loss Forecasting and Stress Testing Models, subject to all regulatory and business requirements.
- Development and maintenance of the Group's approach to Risk Capital calculation, allocation and risk-adjusted performance measurement (eg. RAROC, Risk-based Pricing etc.)
- Help the team improve the production, analysis and reporting of Loan Loss Forecasting Results as part of the Group ICAAP Process and delivery of Portfolio Analytics and Insights to key stakeholders.
- Determination of internal capital requirements as part of the Group ICAAP Process.
- Identification of trends in Loan Losses, modelling future impacts based on past experience or external factors and/or hypothetical scenarios, as required.
- Support the Risk Manager to maintain up to date model methodology and procedural documentation for Loan Loss Forecasting, Economic Capital and Macroeconomic scenario modelling.
What is the opportunity
What a great time to join us! We are going through a period of significant change which will provide a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us. Every organisation will tell you that their people are their most prized asset - we'll tell you that too. The difference is however, we prove it - through commitment to nurturing, encouraging, challenging and training our people through our award winning Learning Zone training and development centre. On top of a great career path and central location, we can offer you a range of benefits such as discounted VHI, FREE banking, preferential rates on loans and financial products, holiday and insurance funds, generous annual leave and staff offers. We also have many sports & social clubs and provide a platform for employees to get involved in volunteering and collecting for charities through our Give Together initiative.
Third level qualification (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent analytical skills supported by a degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, econometrics, economics/finance or mathematics;
- Excellent computer skills: Word/Excel/PowerPoint/VBA;
- Knowledge of statistical analysis packages such as SAS (e.g. Base, E-Miner);
- Experience in working in an analytical role;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines along with being a team player.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience with EBA stress Test
- Experience in impairment or IFRS9 modelling or reporting
- Competency 1: One Group, one team - 1. Self
- Competency 2: Accountable - 1. Self
- Competency 3: Manage Risk - 1. Self
- Competency 4: Customer Focused - 1. Self
- Competency 5: Agile - 1. Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Aug 21, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.