Financial Analyst Regulatory Reporting Liquidity
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The RRCO function is response for the delivery of a wide range of prudential and statistical regulatory reports, for multiple licenced entities, to multiple regulators in a controlled, timely and efficient manner, as well as the delivery of non routine / ad hoc regulatory requests and the development of new regulatory reporting requirements. RRCO operates in a regulated environment which demands the highest of standards.
Purpose of the Role
The Liquidity Reporting team within RRCO is responsible for reporting liquidity data to the Group's Regulators and Supervisors, including the delivery of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly returns.
Daily Liquidity Reporting is responsible for reporting the Group's liquidity and funding position to facilitate it's the management and compliance with both internal management and Regulatory limits.
- Delivery of Daily Liquidity Reporting team processes within agreed timelines:
- Daily LCR;
- Daily Wholesale funding report;
- Daily Flash Balance Sheet;
- Daily Eligible Asset Report;
- Weekly wholesale funding & C&T Deposits (DD&WSF).
Maintain and enhance the existing strong governance framework to ensure full compliance with all controls, limits, standards and obligations under Group policies: (i.e. 4 eye control, recs, EUC's):
- Ensure all processes/returns are produced to audit and 'Internal Financial Control (SOx-level)' programme standards;
- Ensure any discrepancies/queries are investigated and explained;
- Ensure audit ready documentation (Basis of Prep, procedures, issue log, escalation policy etc.).
- Initiate and support RRCO/Group Finance/Group Treasury input into strategic projects and ad-hoc Regulatory requests such as BCBS239, GL44, RRCO Transformation Project, Process Improvement etc.;
- Develop a detailed understanding and working knowledge of all Daily Liquidity Reporting processes and all Liquidity Regulatory returns to broaden knowledge and ensure the delivery of BAU reporting during annual leave periods;
- Work collaboratively with the wider RRCO team to consistently deliver solution based approaches which support the achievement of business objectives (timely accurate reporting of Regulatory returns within a high control environment);
- Support Business Continuity processes for liquidity reporting, including BCP desktop and Work Area Recovery testing;
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including Group Treasury (including Group Deposits), BoI Global Markets, BoI (UK) plc etc. to ensure awareness of funding strategies and/or initiatives for liquidity reporting purposes.
What is the opportunity
You will work with a dynamic & supportive team, in a professional and friendly environment. Working closely with colleagues in our specialist reporting teams your work will help to ensure that the Bank meets its regulatory obligations, while also providing you with the opportunity to gain essential business & regulatory insights which will help develop your career and open up future opportunities.
- Hold a relevant Third-level qualification in mathematics, statistics, IT, Accounting or another discipline involving a significant numerical element
Essential Skills & Experience
- Interest in or knowledge of Banking industry;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel);
- Strong data manipulation & analysis skills and techniques.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Quick learner and assertive individual who can act in following instructions and act independently when appropriate;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Ownership and integrity;
- Ability to liaise with and manage the requirements of multiple stakeholders.
- Customer Focused - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Aug 23, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.