Interim Group Financial Accountant
This is an Interim Group Financial Accountant role for 12 months maternity cover, with an immediate start to facilitate a good handover.
A fast growing technology business based in Thame
Reporting in to the Finance Director, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for main group company, including calculation of month end journals.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts, including bank reconciliation.
- Analysis of various elements of the company's financial performance, e.g. headcount, margin analysis, cashflow.
- Consolidation of the group's companies, eliminating intercompany transactions and balances and calculating consolidation journals.
- Compilation of the board report each month, for circulation to board members.
- Preparation of year end accounts and supporting analysis.
- Preparation of audit files and key contact for the underlying audit work. Provide backup and supporting schedules and explanations as part of the audit process.
- Preparation of annual budget, including liaising with senior management team across the company.
- Review of monthly payroll, bonus and commission calculations.
- Support other finance team members regarding more complex accounting postings.
For this 12 month contract role, we are looking for an immediately available ACA qualified Accountant, who is experienced and confident in using all areas of Excel, including pivot tables. You will have a high level of attention to detail and enjoy problem solving and analysing and interpreting data. It is essential that you enjoy working as part of the overall finance team and therefore good inter-personal skills are essential. You will also have the ability to learn new software and programmes as a number of the systems are developed in-house.
£275-£325/day (depending on experience) via a limited company