Michael Page are currently working with a great firm based in Salisbury looking for a Newly qualified auditor to join their growing team.
The practice has around 5 UK partners and really encourage the progression of their employees to partnership level. This is why a number of the current partners started as audit seniors or graduates.
As a newly qualified auditor - general practice you can expect to do the following:
* Takes part in the audit planning discussions to identify audit risks and appropriate audit strategy whilst overseeing all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion.
* Produces client deliverables specifically drafting sections of the report to management.
* Addresses, discusses and advances conclusion in respect of technical and audit issues identified during the course of the audit
* Maintains up to date understanding of client businesses and good working relationships with client staff
* Your main aim will be to provide an independent view on our clients' compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses reflect their financial picture accurately, which in turn protects financial markets.
* You will work on a portfolio that will reflect your existing experience and your future potential. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to help your clients respond to regulatory reforms, manage their capital life-cycle and improve their business operations. The opportunity to develop as an individual in audit means the experience you gain is unrivalled from day one.
* Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
* Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
* Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities.
* Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research n delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments.
* Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
* Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
* Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
* Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
* Engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
* Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
* Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
* Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
* Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
The ideal newly qualified auditor - general practice will have the following:
* Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
* Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
* Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
* Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
£30,000-£40,000+ benefits. As well as the chance to gain experience at a very prestigious practice and build your exposure to FCA regulated entities.