Deputy Head of Internal Audit
This is a great opportunity for a Qualified Auditor to join this large and well known organisation based in Newport.
My client is one of the best know organisations in the UK and run a portfolio of projects for a range of clients including the Treasury and the UK Government.
Are you a qualified Internal Auditor IIA or CCAB?
Would you like to work for one of the best known organistions in the UK?
My client is looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Internal Audit to be based out of their Newport Headquarters.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the Deputy will support the (HIA) in providing an independent and objective opinion to the Accounting Officer and the Audit & Risk Assurance Committee, on the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the framework of governance, risk management and control.
The DHOIA will lead a small team of Auditors to deliver the organisations audit plan in line with quality, time and budget requirements and to lead high risk or complex audit and assurance assignments.
Job role will include;
- Support the HIA in the annual planning process, engaging with the Accounting Officers and senior management.
- Schedule resources to create an Internal Audit work plan that meets the need of the organisation and individuals objectives.
- Manage your own and your teams time and resource effectively; proactively identify, foresee and take ownership of issues affecting delivery of your and the wider team's objectives and provide solutions and options ahead of deadlines.
- Oversee delivery on all aspects of audit assignments, in line with quality, time and budget requirements.
- Produce and deliver robust, evidence-based independent audit reports for individual assignments and for the wider team that meet the requirements of the HIA and customers.
- Undertake reviews of your teams work to ensure that the requirements of the HIA and professional standards have been met to both time and budget.
- Look to continuously improve your own development and performance and that of the wider team.
- Manage your team, recognising good performance, promoting personal and professional development, nurturing and managing talent.
- To attend Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and present reports as required.
- Lead on the implementation of audit management software for the audit team.
- Support the HIA with the proactive fraud plan and conduct investigations where required.
- Experienced senior finance or audit manager level having gained at least three years post qualification experience in managing the delivery of internal audit services.
- Relevant Professional qualification (CCAB qualified accountant or CMIIA/ qualified auditor)
Basic salary in the range of £47,400 - £57,999
Final Salary Pension
25 days Annual Leave rising to 30 after 5 years service.