My client is looking for a Management Accountant to join their busy time in Horsham
My client a well known company, is looking for a management accountant to join their accountancy team in Horsham
Duties involved for the management accountant shall be:
- Raise sales invoices accurately and to agreed timescales.
- Responsible for the recovery of all debts owed to the company.
- Prepare weekly debtors reports with commentary on problem debtors and issue to management.
Accounts Payable & Banking
- Oversee purchase invoices being entered into the accounting system accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure payments are made on time utilising any credit terms.
- Cover for any colleague absences assisting with the posting or purchase invoices, payments and receipts into the accounting system.
- Cover for any colleague absences in raising required payments in the banking platform,
Management Accounting & APD Admin
- Preparation of management reports on a monthly basis ensuring all income and expenditures are recorded in the correct periods, which requires the following.
- Compare sales and cost of sales by project reference and make accounting adjustments as necessary to ensure gross profit is fairly stated.
- Review project reports from the database and ensure gross profit is fairly stated and compare to sage.
- Review gross profit, expenses, other income and recharges. Ensure they are fairly stated and provide commentary for major variations
- Review overheads, making accrual and deferral adjustments where required.
- Manage balance sheet accounts, ensuring accurate ledger maintenance for trade debtors and creditors, fixed assets, accruals and deferral accounts etc.
- Complete all APD related tasks and administration.
VAT returns / EC Sales lists
- Prepare inter-company reconciliation accurately and to required timescales to enable debt recovery and payment of balances owe
The successful candidate shall be able to travel to Horsham
Have knowledge in the above
Actively studying towards a qualification either ACCA/CIMA
Plus other benefits