Brief Role Description
The individual will play a key role within the team in supporting the monthly financial reporting process and complete other key tasks within the finance function. They will proactively contribute to the maintenance of a positive and open working environment, ensuring that interactions with all stakeholders are carried out in a courteous, patient and professional manner. The individual shall complete their tasks, including some of those listed below, to the highest standards.
- Assist with the administration process and any miscellaneous income streams;
- Review of month end reporting packs, and with reconciliations required as part of this governance process
- Ongoing liaison with personnel in connection with day-to-day finance and related matters, compliance issues etc
- Liaison with relevant internal and external stakeholders in connection with expansion of rural transport services;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly Bank Reconciliations;
- Ensure robust internal controls are maintained within areas of responsibility;
- Ensure status trackers are up-to-date; and
- Ensure high-quality and up-to-date procedure documents are maintained for areas of responsibility.
- Engagement with any systems development or implementation within area of responsibility;
- Identification and implementation of process improvements within area of responsibility;
- Involvement with the various audits and reviews that take place throughout the year;
- Involvement in the ongoing documentation and process mapping of procedures and manuals within area of responsibility;
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Role Requirements & Key Competencies
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience.
- Strong MS Office, particularly MS Excel skills. Experience working with the financial modules of Agresso or similar;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team; and
- A ‘can-do’ approach with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.