Senior Internal Auditor
Senior internal auditor, with a great organisation based in Newport. Offers fantastic career opportunities and a vast range of benefits as well as a very competitive salary. Salary circa £35,000 to £41,000.
My client operates in a large and complex operating environment that provides real opportunity to audit a diverse range of areas. Due to an increase in demand of the internal audit services, the client is looking to grow the team to develop a structure that can support delivery of the Internal Audit Plan.
The Internal Audit function has built a strong reputation within the organisation and is continually seeking ways to enhance and improve its own service, and the ways in which the organisation delivers on its outcomes. The position requires an individual with the gravitas needed to thrive in the challenge of this complex environment and a self-motivated individual who can buy into the vision that has been set for Internal Audit. We have an increasing focus on Data and IT, so the work will be varied and challenging.
The scope and nature of the organisation enables diversity in your career options as you progress. The organisation will support your career through technical training, coaching and development, and provide access to a varied portfolio of work.
* Take a lead on the delivery of all aspects of more complex risk based internal audit assignments. This includes; planning and leading scoping meetings with senior stakeholders to agree a Terms of Reference; completion of audit fieldwork; leading close meetings to agree audit findings; and producing a robust evidence based draft report, in line with quality, time and budget requirements.
* Manage individual and team audit budgets effectively, and proactively identify issues affecting delivery, providing solutions and options ahead of deadlines.
* Undertake reviews of the auditors working papers to ensure the standards of the HIA and professional standards have been met.
* Support the implementation of audit software and the evolution of the audit methodology for the function to meet professional standards and best practice set within government.
* Oversee the production of MI for Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
* As part of the ongoing transformation, look to continuously improve your own development and that of the wider team, nurturing talent and looking for opportunities to develop staff needs.
* Supporting the relationship with our co-sourcing partner.
* Play an active role in developing relationships with senior stakeholders and across the organisation in order to gain business intelligence and promote the role of Internal Audit.
Qualified or Newly qualified ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or IIA
Public sector experience (not essential)
Internal Audit experience
Good stakeholder engagement skills
Great career opportunities
Flexible working hours
Civil Service Pension