Senior Internal Auditor - Leading employer in Bristol
This role will involve designing and executing internal audits to assist in identifying risk and the effectiveness of controls. This team is pivotal in providing insight and advice to senior management and the Board and Audit Committee.
Our client are leading business based in the heart of Bristol. This role is working across all business units and pivotal in designing and executing internal audits to assist in identifying risk and the effectiveness of controls. Our believe in recruiting the best, which is why they offer a highly competitive benefits package and flexibility.
The key responsibilities for this Senior Internal Auditor based in Bristol are:
- Previous Internal Audit experience
- Good working knowledge of internal audit standards and practices, with the ability to apply this appropriately during the course of audit activities.
- Knowledge of data, technology and / or statistical and modelling techniques.
- Experience of process mapping and use of relevant software.
- Actively contributing to the development of the annual audit plan, the strategy for developing the internal audit team and the development of internal audit plans.
- Keeping up to date with industry, professional, and regulatory requirements, including identifying areas of emerging practice. Delivering ideas and plans that help improve the quality and effectiveness of internal audit processes.
- Maintaining relationships with and share knowledge with other assurance and control departments and external auditors.
- Leading the process for tracking and reporting the implementation of measures to resolve Internal Audit findings (including reporting to business owners).
- Reviewing the audit scope to identify and evaluate the main risks and controls. Review the business processes, identifying risks / controls and determining opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Engaging in ongoing stakeholder engagement, both internal and external, to identify emerging risks and opportunities.
The successful candidate who will excel in this Senior Internal Auditor position based in Bristol will have/be:
- Sound knowledge of controls, risk management, compliance and corporate governance.
- Excellent command of English and communications skills, both oral and written, with a natural inclination to engage first-hand in dialogue.
- Excellent planning skills, with the ability to readily organise and digest information and apply good time management principles.
- Excellent prioritisation skills, with the ability to identify areas of focus and to balance competing workloads.
- Experience of engaging/meeting with executive senior management stakeholders.
- Confident with experience of working under own initiative with little supervision.
- Willingness to travel to do audits outside of Bristol (c.10% of time)
This highly competitive package includes (but not limited to)
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy up to a further 5 days
- Company pension scheme with the option to increase contributions
- Group Income Protection for all employees
- Group Legal Protection for all employees
- Salary sacrifice benefits including Cyclescheme and season ticket loans
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme including a range of free weekly exercise classes and free eye tests
- Access to our employee discounts hub offering exclusive discounts across thousands of retail partners, including discounted gym memberships at over 3,000 gyms across the UK
- The option to join our Sports and Social club which organises discounted events such as theatre visits, wine tasting and shopping trips