Great Taunton based opportunity to join an ambitious and thriving business. The role would suit a qualified accountant with an SME background and experience dealing with monthly reporting as well as stakeholder management.
Our client is an exciting, growing and fast-paced SME based in Taunton looking expand it's team and create a talent pool to pioneer their growth ambitions. This role and business would suit a strong management accountant looking to take a step up or a Finance Manager looking for a change with a passion for the SME space.
The duties and responsibilities for the Finance Manager are as follows:
- Reporting to the Financial Controller.
- To work closely with operations to ensure processes are carried out as efficiently as possible and assist with process improvement where required.
- Preparation of customer budgets and forecasts as well as participating in budgetary and forecast planning meetings with the Client.
- Manage the production of budgets and forecasts.
- To manage all financial control procedures and ensuring contract expenditure is managed to budgetary constraints.
- Managing and producing weekly financial and statistical information for the client as well as period reporting.
- Work with operations to challenge the financial results.
- Complete customer period end and collating the Period Pack.
- Full balance sheet reconciliations and reconciling all accounts on a monthly basis
- To have a strong focus and be proactive towards working capital.
- To carry out ad hoc requests from the Financial Controller as required.
A successful finance manager must possess the following:
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA Qualified (0-4 PQE)
- Educated to degree level (desirable)
- Experience in business partnering (desirable)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively challenge and mentor site operational teams
- Knowledge and understanding of KPI's with understanding of financial management / performance
- Ability to work to deadlines, paying attention to detail whilst prioritising workload
- Must pay strong attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
- Will be flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative.
Attractive Package + additional benefits and flexible working options.