Financial Regulatory Reporting Manager
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Regulatory Reporting team (RRCO), within Group Performance Reporting, is central to the successful delivery of the Group's shared strategy by providing subject matter expertise for strategic bank projects, whilst meeting our responsibility for reporting prudential and statistical information to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors. Our ambition is to consistently deliver, in a controlled, timely, efficient & efficient manner, high quality prudential & statistical regulatory reports which are trusted by our internal & external stakeholders, and to demonstrate regulatory reporting leadership within Bank of Ireland.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to manage a number of the Group's financial regulatory reporting processes within RRCO ensuring the delivery of high quality financial regulatory returns to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors in timely & efficient manner, as well as improving process efficiency through the continuous improvement of the reporting processes.
- Deliver high quality regulatory reporting in accordance with required standards and SLAs.
- Prioritise and manage the schedule of work and resources to ensure controlled, timely, effective and efficient delivery of reporting requirements.
- Manage and develop a small team of finance professionals.
- Engage with team members and Senior Management to help drive change and continuous improvement agenda across the team;
- Provide analysis and review to ensure all regulatory returns are completed to a high standard in accordance with RRCO's control framework;
- Engage with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions;
- Drive improvements and efficiencies in reporting processes.
What is the opportunity
You will be offered challenging work within a highly engaged, dynamic & professional team focussed on ensuring business readiness to meet the challenges of today's evolving regulatory climate and the opportunity for career development and increased profile through ongoing engagement with a wide range of key senior management stakeholders and business partners across the Group.
- Hold a Professional Qualification relevant to the role, i.e. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, PRIMIA, etc.
- Hold a relevant Third-level qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, IT, Business, Finance Accounting or another discipline involving a significant numerical element
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of the banking sector, regulatory environment and financial/regulatory reporting;
- Proven ability to represent RRCO at a senior level and industry fora;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage a range of competing priorities and tight delivery timelines;
- Proven ability to create and sustain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Knowledge and experience of interpreting and applying reporting requirements;
- Strong change management and project management capability;
- A strong systems background;
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Clear & concise written and oral communication with attention to detail
- Previous experience of specific financial regulatory reporting including FinRep, Large Exposures, QSFR and NPL reporting.
- Relevant knowledge of the regulatory and legal environment in which the Group operates and the ability to apply that knowledge in addressing practical issues
- IT Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), good knowledge of consolidation and general ledger systems (ideally SAP)
- Accountable - People Manager
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Champion Transformation - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Aug 23, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.