Excellent 2 year Fixed Term Contract with one of the most exciting and innovative organisations in the country. You must have project accounting or capital investment experience and be a fully qualified accountant.
This organisation is 18 local authorities and three Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) working together to move powers from Whitehall to the West Midlands and its locally elected politicians, who know this region best.
Provide a professional financial consultancy and project accountancy service in support of the Investment Programme, ensuring the provision of strategic and financial management information in order to guide effective decision making.
* Deliver financial support in the delivery of the capital Investment Programme.
* Ensure the accurate and timely consolidation of the Investment Programme financial position.
* Ensure the Investment Programme grant claims are processed in accordance with agreed timescales.
* Ensure submission of robust financial proposals within agreed timescales.
* Represent the Finance function and provide professional advice, support, challenge and provision of financial information in relation to the delivery of the Investment Programme for the following areas:
* Investment Programme - Rail Programme;
* Investment Programme (Other discrete programmes as required).
* Provide financial support during strategic planning processes and through liaison with relevant budget holders and project managers, ensuring that plans and budgets are financially robust and represent value for money.
* Provide financial support to projects through the organisation's Assurance Process, fully identifying and communicating the financial position / risks / opportunities.
* Undertake effective budget monitoring, robust variance analysis and interpretation, taking corrective action as necessary and ensuring accurate reporting within defined timescales.
* Ensure the submission of robust forecasts (including cash flow forecasting) through liaison with nominated budget holders and project managers as appropriate.
* Co-ordinate and consolidate the monthly Investment Programme position, ensuring robust financial analysis across the full programme and issue to the business each month in line with the published deadlines.
* Complete reports to the organisation's Boards and Committees relating to the Investment Programme schemes within the post holder's remit.
* Accurately record the funding position of the Investment Programme, ensuring the published deadlines are adhered to and ensuring, where necessary, compliance with grant conditions.
* Provide the necessary financial support into work-streams associated with levering in 3rd party and commercial income into the Combined Authority to support investment programme initiatives.
* Ensure adequate financial input into legal agreements with 3rd parties.
* Ensure audit trails are maintained.
* Assist in the continuous review and documentation of all processes and procedures, ensuring that they are adhered to at all times.
* Deputise as necessary at internal / external liaison meetings.
You will be a qualified accountant with an established business partnering skill set and evidence of managing large project budgets across a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally, you will have a practical understanding of managing public money and will be able to demonstrate where you financial acumen has delivered value for money on CAP-EX projects.
Excellent exposure to full life cycle of an investment project that will change the economic landscape of the UK's second city for generations.