Revenue & Senior Assurance Accountant - Spanish / Portuguese
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This position will ensure all related accounting activities are performed in a timely and efficient manner, in accordance with company policies and Accounting Standards. This role will be a critical part of the accounting department.
The objective of this role is to support the Global Finance Centre (GFC) Controllership position. The post holder must work closely and strive to achieve high performance standards and meet the various financial deadlines.
The post holders will also work closely with internal and external auditors to help in the completion of all audits.
- Directly responsible in ensuring that Revenue accruals and actual are prepared in line with both BHGE Policy, standard processes and Accounting rules and conventions. This includes journal reviews of month end adjustments and accruals and other adjustments/accruals as required. Ensuring the related costs of revenue and other associated accounting entries are correctly posted.
- Validate revenue by performing detailed testing with set of attributes.
- Set up contract validation structure, standard templates and processes and executing the task and ensuring compliance of accounting with contract clauses. This includes Technical evaluation of contracts from Revenue recognition perspective and requires skills for contract terms interpretation
- Engage in global projects as per requirement- New FASB revenue recognition project, contract database project, JV automation etc.
- Variance analysis during month to identify differences from accrual to actual numbers and correcting errors. Tracing the source of any errors and putting in place measure to stop re-occurrences. Contact relevant Customer Services / Country Accounting Center personnel to highlight significant variance to accrual to further ensure no errors on actuals have occurred.
- Prepare, document and keep up to date processes for accounting role.
- Prepare, Approve and Review the monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the BHI team and Accenture. Provide advice and support to the team with regards to correcting entries required.
- Conduct related GL closing activities ensuring that they are completed in time and accordance to the set guidelines
- Implement best practices in GFC viz. lean six sigma practices and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- Analysis of various co. codes which involves analysis of other general accounts as well on a regular basis and advising improvements and corrective actions.
- Assist and support other GFC teams/groups as required
- Work closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits.
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- ACCA/CA/CPA qualified
- 3+ years of experience.
- A detailed knowledge of accounting principles.
- US GAAP
- Key accounting skills - an in depth knowledge of Double Entry Book-keeping, Account Reconciliation, Accounting Concepts for revenue and Cost, Accrual etc.
- Excellent SAP, Oracle, Hyperion and MS office skills.
- Soft-skills- Excellent communication and presentation skills, Networking & relationship building, Team working, Analytical skills, Decision making/ finding solutions, Self motivation and drive
- Contract interpretation skills.
- Preferred someone with language capability - Portuguese or Spanish
Locations: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.