My client are a well respected business based in Bradford with a turnover of circa £10m. They are growing rapidly both organically and via acquisition and now seek an ambitious Finance Manager to join their team.
My client have a portfolio of properties used for leisure activities.
Responsibilities include (albeit not limited):
- providing and interpreting financial information
- maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
- analysing change and advising accordingly
- formulating strategic and long-term business plans
- researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- analysing competitors and market trends
- developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk
- conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- managing financial accounting and monitoring and reporting systems
- liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out
- developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue
- producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- managing budgets ensuring that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- arranging new sources of finance for a company's debt facilities
- supervising staff
- keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- report to management of variances and the reasons
- assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- compile and report on key business metrics
Any other duties as directed by the Managing Director.
- Qualified Accountant or Qualified by Experience
- Commercial and business awareness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Analytical approach to work
- Strong numeracy and sound technical skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- Capacity to make quick but rational decisions
- Potential to lead and motivate others
- Strong IT skills - experience with SAGE line 50 and Sage payroll ideal but not essential
- Project management skills.
Competitive salary and benefit.