Michael Page Treasury are recruiting for a Treasury Accountant to join a well-establish and growing multi-national Housing association based in Manchester.
The Treasury Accountant will provide support for both Treasury and elements of business planning. You will become involved with a fast-paced Treasury - the role being the main point of contact for financial control around cash and banking.
Our client is a Multi-National Housing Association based in Manchester!
The key responsibilities of the Treasury Accountant will include:
- Setting and managing timetables for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, and for business plan input;
- Co-ordinate working papers and input into the financial business plan system. To challenge the sources of projections to ensure accuracy;
- Support production of a range of sensitivity analysis and stress testing on the business plan as required;
- Ensure all loan interest and capital repayment are set up on the system and paid in a timely manner.
- Produce monthly accruals in relation to interest receivable and payable, loan fees and other treasury related expenditure as required;
- Produce monthly variance analysis on net interest and on loan and cash balances;
- Ensure all Mark to Market cash collateral payments are calculated and processed within agreed timescales;
- Manage surplus cash balances of the Group to ensure that investment income is maximised whilst working within the constraints of the Treasury Management Policy;
- To set and embed a high support/high challenge culture in line with the Competency Framework in order to support and develop your team to realise individual and team potential and ensure effective service delivery.
- Co-ordinate funds between Group companies and drawdown additional loans from existing facilities in order to ensure that the Group's cash flow is managed;
- Prepare all treasury related budget information in line with centrally co-ordinated timetable;
- Through the cashiers, oversee the accounting for banking and cash and ensuring robust cash reconciliation processes are in place
To be considered for the Treasury Accountant position you should have:
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification (may consider strong QBE)
- Experience in treasury management, ideally within a regulated environment
- Experience of manipulating large volumes of data for multiple scenarios
- Strong IT skills and proficient in excel
- Experience of cash management
- Proven relationship builder, negotiator and influencer with stake holders
- Proven management skills
- The ability to motivate, inspire and influence a large and diverse workforce by example and persuasion
- The ability to develop and project a positive image of the business through personal, written and oral skills
- An ability to recognise, develop and effectively promote new opportunities within the team and business
A competitive package is on offer to the successful candidate.