Head of Shared Service Centre
As part of the Group Finance function, the Head of Shared Service Centre will report into the Finance Director and play an important part in the finance leadership team. The role will be responsible for all elements of transactional accounting including, accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer payment processing, Treasury and payroll for all companies in the Group.
Our client is an ethical business based in Gloucestershire. They have undergone a transformation in finance and are in the process of implementing a new finance system. The Head of Shared Service Centre will be part of the leadership team and be tasked with running all transactional finance and supporting the business during a period of rapid growth, investment in systems and process improvements.
The core responsibilities of the Head of Shared Service Centre include:
- Oversight of the following teams and processes - accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer payment processing, treasury and payroll.
- Introduction and ongoing reporting of key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Continue to review, design and implement efficient and effective process enhancements.
- Support the implementation of new financial system across the ledgers (Including P2P & O2C processes).
- Responsibility for timely and accurate payroll processing including statutory declarations and year end reporting.
- Oversight and review of the short term working capital cash forecasts, including being a main bank contact and approver on banking systems.
- Preparation of audit information as required.
- Take the lead in projects involving the transactional teams.
- Manage and develop a large team through 5 direct reports (all onshore in one location).
- Work closely with the internal audit function to document and, where required, implement procedures and control in the Transactional Finance area of responsibility
- Act as a point of escalation for queries and complaints which cannot be resolved by team members.
- Understand customer service expectations and business requirements to resolve proactively and in a timely manner.
- This is a very responsible role, which will involve the handling of sensitive financial data and so requires someone who can show sensitivity and discretion.
Essential Skills & Expertise
Desirable Skills & Expertise
- Utilities sector experience.
- Experience in using SAP and Workday would be an advantage.
- Experience of Payment Practices reporting and OCR technology