The Management Accountant will be responsible for the management accounts as well as elements of business partnering. The role will involve liaising with other arms of the business, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and develop their skills.
My client are a property and housing company, based in St. Albans, who specialise in building new homes and creating sustainable communities.
Production of the Trial Balance including but not limited to;
- Key Profit and Loss transactions, including Turnover, Cost of Sales and Trading Adjustment journals
- Maintenance of Asset Ledgers for Shared Equity deals providing commercial information to the Finance Director
- Liaising with the Sales Department on Leasehold and Freehold queries and other post-sale contractual obligations
- General Accruals/Prepayments
- Monthly Overheads/Cost allocations
- Sales Ledger Maintenance and Review
- Maintenance of Work in Progress/Stock
- Old Site Provisions
- Preparation and review of monthly VAT return
- Preparation of annual CITB levy returns and Insurance renewal returns
- Assisting with the preparation of the Annual and Half Year reporting packs
- Reconciliation of all key balance sheet nominal ledger accounts
- Liaison with other departments particularly the Group Finance Department and the Regional Land and Sales departments.
- Develop an understanding of VAT implications of various deals including dealing with elections to waive exemption on VAT.
- Inter-company transactions
- Ad hoc tasks to support the Financial Controller
- Assisting the Finance Director and Finance Controller with Statutory Reporting packs.
The successful Management Accountant will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified. They will have excellent interpersonal and communcation skills, manage their time effectively and will be able to work well under pressure.
The successful Management Accountant will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.