The primary function of the role is to control the finances of client monies held (on behalf of Investors) in order to manage a property portfolio. The Client Accountant has the ultimate responsibility for all cash held within their clients portfolio, including rents and any service charge, sinking fund, deposits, VAT etc..
This opportunity has come about due to a sustained period of growth for this already very well established company. Their hear accountancy office is base in the City of London.
As the Client Accountant you you will be responsible for the following:
- Periodic reporting to clients (Standard reports plus additional as required)
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of client reports (i.e. VAT, client statement etc)
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients and ensure that good client service is delivered.
- Instruct Central Finance department (following the relevant approvals) of the following:
- Demand Rent, Service charge and other monies from Tenants
- Update the annual service charge budgets in accordance with internal KPIs
- Manage and maintain the Service charge funds of each property under remit
- Ensure that cash-flow/funding for each property service charge is adequate
- To ensure completion of Service Charges within latest RICS Professional Statement.
- Deal appropriately with any property transfers as per internal guidelines.
- Understand and clear outstanding items as identified on the annual balance sheet.
- Monitor cash handling income in accordance with compliance team's instruction
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed by Client Accounts Manager and Head of Property Finance UK.
To be considered for this Client Accountant role you must have the following:
- Possess strong accounting skills to part-qualified or QBE standard
- Several years experience working within Property Management Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Land & Property VAT and how to Report on it
- Exposure to Service Charge & RICS Professional Statement
£35,000 - £45,000 + study support + progression + bonus