Description of business unit
Risk Strategy is part of Group Risk and is responsible for developing and maintaining the Group risk measurement techniques and standards to support key decision making processes including formulating the Group Risk Appetite, conducting Stress Testing, determining internal capital adequacy requirements (ICAAP) and producing Portfolio Risk Analytics and Insights to key stakeholders. Externally, Risk Strategy interacts with Regulators, industry bodies, banks and consulting firms to ensure both adherence to the European regulatory requirements, and to remain at the forefront of industry best-practice in risk measurement techniques. A role in Risk Strategy is a key stepping stone for a career as a Risk Analytics professional.
Purpose of the Role
You will have a supporting role in a high profile team where you will assist in the analysis and testing of complex calculations and systems, production, analysis and reporting of loan loss forecasts, as well as capital allocation and performance tracking while engaging with senior management on a regular basis. The role offers development and progression opportunities and will afford a high level of exposure to key internal and external parties.
As a Senior Analyst within Risk Strategy, a typical day may include support of the following key activities;
- Development and maintenance of the key internal capital models and methodologies used as part of the Groups Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP)
- Development and maintenance of the Group's approach to risk-based capital allocation and risk-adjusted performance measurement (eg. RAROC)
- Continuous enhancement of the Group's risk-based pricing models and methodologies for Retail and Non Retail applications
- Play a key role in the delivery of high-profile projects and strategic initiatives
- Production, analysis and reporting as part of the Group ICAAP Process and delivery of Portfolio Analytics and Insights to key stakeholders.
- Developing strong working relationships with key teams in Group Risk and key stakeholders ensuring best in class service.
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a motivated, problem solving and ambitious senior analyst, to work as part of a continuously growing community in Bank of Ireland, who are focussed on using current and developing leading edge modelling tools and techniques to solve complex business issues & problems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and cohesive team, where you will frequently work alongside and support various teams across Group Risk, providing insightful data analysis and support at a strategic, policy and functional level.
What a great time to join us! We are going through a period of significant change which will provide a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us. Every organisation will tell you that their people are their most prized asset - we'll tell you that too. The difference is however, we prove it - through commitment to nurturing, encouraging, challenging and training our people through our award winning Learning Zone training and development centre. On top of a great career path and central location, we can offer you a range of benefits such as FREE banking, preferential rates on loans and financial products, holiday and insurance funds, generous annual leave and staff offers. We also have many sports & social clubs and provide a platform for employees to get involved in volunteering and collecting for charities through our Give Together initiative.
- Excellent analytical skills supported by a degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, engineering, econometrics, quantitative finance or mathematics.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Some knowledge and understanding of key commercial and financial concepts within retail and commercial banking
- Excellent computer skills: Word/Excel/PowerPoint/VBA, with some coding experience (i.e. SAS/R) highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines along with being a team player.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- The ability to translate business issues into the appropriate analysis and then communicate the results of that analysis back to the business.
- Developed presentation skills and ability to work effectively with resources from across the Group and business areas.
- Statistical modelling experience.
- High level of resilience, focus and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ambition, energy, drive and initiative.
- Manage Risk: Self
- Amplify Capability: Self
- Accountable: Self
- Agile: Self
- One Group One Team: Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Aug 31, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.