A fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance professional to take a developmental step in their career by joining this Cambridge based institution who focus in the Not For Profit and Charities sector. Working in the Project Accountant capacity you will be responsible for providing project management support as well as detailed financial analysis and reports in line with current projects.
An established Not For Profit and Charities institution set in fantastic facilities in Cambridge who are able to provide an excellent working environment. As Project Accountant you will sit within an experienced finance team who would be able to provide excellent growth and development opportunities.
The Project Accountant will be responsible for:
- Supporting the day to day operation and preparation of management accounts
- Provide detailed variance analysis, forecasts, budgets and cashflow reports alongside work in progress reports and project status reports
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual Budget
- To maintain the organisational Fixed Asset Register (FAR) and to support the development of the new fixed asset register system to agreed standards
- Assisting the organisation with tender processes and contract negotiations where relevant.
- To liaise with non-financial unit managers and provide financial advice, budget analysis and information in order to assist them in their decision making.
- Effective project management, providing detailed guidance and advice to project leads
The successful candidate for the Project Accountant will be:
- Part-qualified and actively pursuing their ACCA or CIMA qualification
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, a willingness to learn and continually challenge and improve process.
- Prior experience in the Not For Profit and Charities sector would be advantageous
- You will understand project accounting principles and be able to explain these alongside the numbers reported.
- You will have a professional and an approachable manner.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential to succeed in this role.
- Confident in building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships
The successful candidate for the Project Accountant position will be be joining an excellent business in Cambridge. You will receive a competitive salary alongside an excellent benefits package.