VAT Team Lead
VAT Team Lead
Indirect Tax Compliance
- Responsible for managing the timely preparation of Indirect Tax returns and statistical returns across all EU countries and sales and use tax ("SUT") returns for certain US states.
- Responsible for ensuring all VAT and SUT payments/refunds are paid/received in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external advisors in ensuring timely and accurate completion of all Indirect Tax compliance obligations.
- Liaise with relevant Tax Authorities where necessary and build on good working relationship established by Primark with the Tax Authorities.
- Ensure proper books and records are held for VAT and SUT purposes in all jurisdictions and are in accordance with local tax requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all VAT is posted to accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring that VAT posted is accurate and in line with expectations.
- Manage and lead a VAT compliance team of up to 6 people
- Responsible for training and developing the VAT compliance team together with reviewing their work
- Working with Primark colleagues and external advisors to enhance systems to meet compliance requirements
- Ad hoc involvement with indirect tax planning and advisory projects for the Primark group
Education and Training:
Have accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) or be part qualified and working towards a fully qualified Accountant.
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Project management skills required
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines
- English is essential and German, Spanish, French, Dutch or Portuguese would be an advantage
Environment and Physical:
- Work in busy fast paced environment
Computer Skills and Software Used:
- Windows operating system
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.