Strategic Partnerships Manager - Financial Services
Who are we?
Xero is an innovative cloud software company taking on the world of accounting for small businesses. We are continuing to expand our footprint in Asia.
We’ve been shaking up the accounting software industry since 2006 with our beautiful, user-friendly cloud-based accounting solutions. We want millions of small businesses to thrive through better tools, information and connections. Our software allows small businesses and their advisors real time access to their business accounting information - online, anytime, anywhere. Innovation is in our DNA. Creating and implementing game-changing ideas is what drives and inspires us.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will lead the engagement with key banking partners who provide complementary services to Xero’s SME clients and the accounting and bookkeeping community that supports them. As the ecosystem of strategic partners grows to include more financial services propositions, you will also have the opportunity to work with fintech companies and payment providers. The financial web is rewiring the connections between banks, accountants and small business owners. Through connecting small businesses to the best services, Xero aims to provide more visibility of performance, efficiency in making and receiving payments and seamless access to capital.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will work with a dynamic team and the Xero business more widely to establish and manage relationships with ecosystem and financial services providers, from large to small.
- Identify opportunities to develop new commercial partnerships to accelerate the growth of Xero and its ecosystem partners
- Develop success plans with key partners through sound project and relationship management.
- Negotiate contracts in collaboration with legal, finance and exec teams
- Implement marketing strategies in collaboration with in-house PR and marketing teams.
- Work with marketing and partner management teams to create playbooks and other assets to support the adoption of our ecosystem propositions by our accounting partners and SME customers
- Own existing and new strategic partner relationships
What you’ll bring with you
- At least 5 years of experience in a B2B Business Development role in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience negotiating and executing partner contracts, working with legal and exec teams to ensure such contracts address the needs and interests of all parties
- Previous experience in the tech industry and exposure to SME financial services (payments, lending or insurance) would be a distinct advantage
- Bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognised University
- Sound understanding and keen interest in mobile and cloud-native technologies to support integrated customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence various stakeholder groups
- Self-motivated and achievement oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution
- An excellent work ethic, energy, passion and determination to succeed
What we offer
We’re offering a competitive remuneration package and a supportive and fun work environment that encourages you to take ownership for your career and be the best you can be.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in making a real difference to small businesses in Asia. To peak inside Xero and see what we do check out #dobeautifulwork on twitter or instagram.
If this sounds like your next challenge, apply now with your CV and cover letter!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.