Corporate Tax Advisor
- Corporate tax focused but will likely include projects which also cover other areas (business tax, income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax).
- Typical projects will be corporate structuring, transfer pricing, tax relief claims (R&D, film tax credits, video games tax relief), international tax structuring.
My client has a proud heritage and pure pedigree as a firm of Chartered Accountants since commencing business in 1893. The firm has undergone a number of transformations to become the highly dynamic and highly respected firm it is today.
Central to their core belief is that client relationships and great service are critical to our success and that by promoting a personal, supportive and proactive environment, they can deliver advice of the highest standard.
They act for a diverse range of clients who operate in a multitude of sectors both in the UK and Internationally including, but not limited to, property, sports, entertainment and media.
- Assisting the Senior Tax Advisers within the Transactional Tax team in all matters as required and instructed; this will include:
- Responding to both clients and colleagues with regards to any ad-hoc corporate tax related queries that they have on a daily basis. This would include:
- Reviewing corporation tax computations both for accuracy and to ensuring that all planning opportunities are being highlighted to the Partner;
- Preparation of R&D and VGTR tax claims;
- Assisting with the preparation of advisory reports and memos;
- Researching technical tax issues and explaining findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Preparation of HMRC clearances; e.g. share for share exchanges and corporate reconstructions and demergers.
- This will mainly be corporate tax focused but will likely include projects which also cover other areas (business tax, income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax). Typical projects will be corporate structuring, transfer pricing, tax relief claims (R&D, film tax credits, video games tax relief), international tax structuring.
- Keeping up-to-date on all technical areas of expertise which will include technical research where instructed, review of the Budgets and legislative changes; and reporting back to other members of staff (firm wide) where appropriate.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical and marketing material for both internal and external audiences.
- Ideally ACA or ACCA
- Significant experience in the majority of areas outlined in the day to day responsibilities
- Responsibility of managing own portfolio
- Strong corporation compliance background
- Excellent people skills to maintain client and staff relations
- Attention to detail
- Positive and pro-active approach with clients and colleagues
Confidence to act independently
Monday-Friday, 9-5 (35-hour week)
£45,000-£55,000 (competitive salary)