This role is important as you’ll be a key member of a Payroll Processing team responsible for providing a payroll bureau service to our 2,000 client customers.
What will you be doing?
As a Payroll Specialist within this team, your day-to-day tasks will typically involve the following:
- Processing payroll runs (weekly/fortnightly/lunar/monthly), from start to finish, for a range of our customers;
- Processing auto-enrolment pension upload files and corresponding with pension providers;
- Resolving customer queries in relation to their payroll and pensions;
- Dealing with correspondence from HMRC;
- Processing new starters, leavers and P11ds;
- Uploading new customers onto our payroll software;
- Promoting the IRIS brand in a friendly, professional manner.
What skills and experience do you need to have?
As this is a specialist position, it is essential that you have payroll experience, either in-house or within a payroll bureau. As you will be processing payroll for around 60 of our clients, it is also really important that you have excellent organisational and administration skills, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and can remain calm under pressure during the busy pay run period. Having good Excel skills, such as using VLookups, are also imperative in order to be successful in the role.
Who are we?
IRIS Software Group is the UK's largest provider of business-critical software and services to the UK accountancy and payroll sectors. Our solutions are delivered as a choice of integrated on-premise software and cloud-based applications. We serve over 21,000 Accountancy Practices and more than 80,000 SMEs, corporates, and payroll bureaus across a wide range of industry sectors.
What's in it for you?
We believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. So what can we offer you?
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- Competitive pay and bonus scheme
- Complimentary benefits, including Bike to Work, Childcare Vouchers and discount schemes