Regional Financial Accountant (12 months contract)
We are currently looking for the Regional Financial Accountant on a 12 months contract to join our Regional Finance team in Chiswick, West London office.
Being part of a team responsible for delivering accurate and timely consolidated financial data for the Europe Region, ensuring that all aspects of the technical accounting and regulatory environment are covered. The role will maintain and develop the existing processes in order to fulfil business requirements and objectives, maintain effective communication to ensure the financial information is in line with accounting standards and will identify the areas of improvement and promote positive changes to finance. The position requires a sound knowledge of accountancy, good technical capability and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with external parties.
- Provide accounting support to the regional and sub-regional accounting teams to ensure compliance with all management, statutory accounting and local regulatory reporting deadlines
- Ensure that the region complies with all accounting requests for the provision of information, month end checklists quested by Corporate Finance, Corporate Taxation and other ISOS entities relating to area of expertise
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the consolidated regional cash flow forecasts;
- Maintain the complex financial models used to manage the foreign exposure of the region including balance sheet and cash flow hedging
- Assist with the interpretation, forecasting and reporting of foreign exchange results for the region
- Support the standardization of accounting policies, processes and balance sheet control rollout across the region
- Act as regional champion for the accounting software used, including Sun, Vision, and Cognos
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with other company managers and staff
- Support and cover for the Regional Financial Controller with ad hoc tasks as and when required
Required Skills and Knowledge
- You must be a Qualified Accountant and preferably come from an audit practice background
- A proven post qualification experience
- Be experienced in foreign exchange and cash flow management
- Having an in-depth knowledge of Sun Accounting and Cognos, including administration of the accounting systems, would be an advantage
- Excellent Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables and Vlookups as a minimum)
- Advanced financial modeling skills required
- Person with drive for improvement and excellence
- Strong capability to adapt to necessary changes, and to lead changes
- Able to work under pressure, deliver results and observe deadlines
- Hands-on with day-to-day operations
- Be independent and firm, at same time a team player
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands and priorities
Required Work Experience
- Proven experience in accounting
- Experience of operating within a complex organisation with evidence of communicating with a variety of people at different levels
- Multinational company experience in a fast paced service environment
- Proven analytical ability in identifying and delivering on areas for improvements to accounting and operational processes
- Broad experience in dealing with external clients, suppliers and consultants
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or any other international accounting equivalent).
Here at International SOS we will offer you an interesting, varied and challenging career, where you will have the opportunity to experience working within a multicultural environment
Please apply online now attaching your CV and Cover Letter.
Top Employer UK 2019
International SOS has been recognised as a Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employer’s Institute (TEI) for 2019.