Consultant – Private Equity Administration
Private Equity Consultant:
The role of the Consultant sits in one of the Administration teams within the Private Equity Department and reports to the team leader.
The main purpose of the team is to provide excellent customer service to its clients and to maintain and adhere to Northern Trust’s procedures and policies. The general nature of this role will be to assist in all aspects of the administration for multiple clients. Key tasks could include drawdown/distribution processing, board meetings, minute taking, oversight, cash management and project work.
- Learn background and gain knowledge of clients and entities within the team
- Effective communication with clients, Directors, investors and other associated parties
- Dealing with investor queries in a professional, efficient and timely manner
Bookkeeping / Cash Management:
- Bookkeeping of more complex transactions
- Cash management and money market trades for specific entities
- Complete the drawdown/distribution process
- Be able to comprehend the drawdown/distribution figures provided by the client
- Liaise with the client and investors regarding receipt/payment of monies
- Create and maintain trackers for receipt of monies/payment of distribution/returned monies
Purchase and Sale of Investments
- Act on client instruction and ensure approval process is followed
- Implementation of payment / receipt of funds procedure
- Correctly record receipt of documents and deal with them appropriately (safe custody)
- Ensure the receipt of funds is correctly recorded
- Oversight of investment reconciliations on a quarterly basis within the deadline
Company Secretarial + Board Meetings
- Understand the role of the Company Secretary
- Understand and prepare accurate Board Packs
- Understand and prepare Company Minutes in a timely manner
Transfer of shares or Limited Partnership Interests
- Understand the process applicable to the entity
- Understand anti-money laundering regulations
Oversight of Outsourcing activities:
- Understand the process and responsibilities of Oversight
- Liaison with colleagues in other jurisdictions
Compliance and Regulation
- Has an understanding of the main Guernsey legislation as it effects entities under administration i.e. Guernsey Company Law
- Has an understanding of the anti-money laundering legislation, particularly with regard to Client Due Diligence.
- The ideal candidate will hold A level qualification or equivalent, and ideally hold a degree in a relevant discipline, or Professional Qualification (such as ICSA or similar)
- Experience in Funds/Private Equity
- Demonstrate strong Time Management & Organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Proficient at both team work and independent project work
- Effective Communication skills (verbal & written)
- Be customer centric and driven to provide excellent service
- Computer literate with a proven ability to learn new systems and processes
- Knowledge of regulatory topics and Guernsey Company Law
- Intermediate level at Microsoft Office modules
- Experience using Investran
In addition to the above requirements and desirable attributes for the role, on the job training will be provided along with access to a vast online learning/training library. Whilst there are a certain number of mandatory courses upon joining and throughout your employment, courses are encouraged to be taken voluntarily to enhance your skills and to gain knowledge in all areas of the department/company. Your team leader may also at times enrol you on courses which are believed to be relevant to the role/enhance your skills.
Northern Trust benefits can be discussed during the interview process.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades! https://www.northerntrust.com/united-states/about-us/accolades
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.