Associate/Senior Associate - Private Client/ Tax Lawyer - Perth
- Make the step from industry and enjoy the variety of work we can offer you
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
Award winning law firm Norton & Smailes, Tax Lawyers joined forces with EY Law in early 2016 which has allowed the practice to cement their position as a market leader in Perth. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this exceptional practice as a Tax Lawyer and to be involved in the growth and development of the practise. Join our team of high performing individuals and see where a career with EY Law can take you today.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide tax and related commercial advice to a range of clients including high net worth individuals and private corporate groups
- Advise clients in relation to succession and asset protection matters
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients and internal stakeholders, and look to build relationships with new clients
- Tax technical knowledge or an interest in developing a career in tax law
- Legally qualified with 3-10 years' post admission experience
- Technical knowledge of tax and trust law matters in relation to Wills, Estate planning and Trusts
- Excellent client facing skills and strong commercial acumen
- Experience in working as part of a team, with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- An innovative mind, looking for ways in which we can assist our clients to resolve their commercial problems more efficiently and cost-effectively
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which is an international law firm with offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. EY Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 2200 lawyers across 80 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY's international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost-effective service.
We work closely with our assurance , tax , transaction and advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world, and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Learn more about EY Law here
What working at EY offers
- Formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- Career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- An extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.