Central Employment is delighted to be working with a very successful County Durham based distributor of consumer brands as they're looking to appoint a Financial Controller to manage end to end finance function for the company.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department
- Supporting the monthly closing process, managing the results.
- Creating monthly reports and capital expenditure reporting and forecasting.
- Analysing purchase price variances, recommending actions to minimise or avoid them.
- Control and monitor the department budgets, with regularly reviews.
- Presenting reports for department managers, identifying any potential risks.
- Supporting the budget process will be an essential part of the Financial controller role.
- Participating in the development of new and existing processes and procedures for internal control.
- Act as a business partner to cost centre managers and report their numbers in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems and performs financial analysis of business/function figures.
- Develops financial reports for forecasting, trending, results and variance analysis.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Responsible to ensure all IT system projects are firstly budgeted in line with the Company needs, monitored and delivered both in time and against scheduled budgets.
- Experience as a Financial Controller in a multinational business environment is essential
- Fully qualified (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) and highly experienced.
- You have affinity for numbers and systems, and have strong analytical skills combined with a critical, but constructive, attitude.
- Experience in building automated reports and models is a must; excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Strong systems and advanced Microsoft excel experience is a pre-requisite.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse, organise, summarise and articulate complex financial information for decision making.
- Able to prioritise and work with multiple supervisors.
- Self-starter, hands on mentality and team player.
- Being able to make independent interpretation, draw conclusions and propose solutions.
- Able to reduce complex and/or large volumes of data to a readable high level